Horse Care Forms
Whether it’s a routine checkup or emergency surgery, you shouldn’t have to worry about how to get the best medical care for our horse. That’s why we’re pleased to offer CareCredit, North America’s leading client payment program. CareCredit will let you say “yes” to the best treatment for your horse immediately and pay for it overtime with monthly payments that fit easily into your budget.
Should I insure my horse? A very good question and one that you as a horse owner need to decide for yourself. It is not something to think about at 2:00 am when the Veterinarian is asking if your colicky horse is insured because he has become extremely painful and needs to go to surgery.
Horses in general seem to be prone to illness, accidents, and injury. While no one likes to think about these potential threats, they are real and the financial impact associated with them can become overwhelming.
Advances in medical procedures like digital radiography, arthroscopic surgery, MRI, Stem cell therapy, etc., have become daily occurrences and there may be significant fees associated with these new techniques. Major medical and surgical insurance can literally be a “life saver” in these and similar situations.
One might ask “What are the chances of my horse becoming injured or requiring surgery?” Actually, knowing the nature of the beast, one might say “quite good”! As a horse owner, we suggest you weigh your options carefully:
- Do you chance it and hope everything goes well?
- Do you find a savings account for such unexpected expenditures?
- Do you just say; “The horse market is down right now and he can be replaced for what I may spend on medical bills”. (Only if you can face yourself, wife or teenage daughter when your favorite All Around horse had to be euthanized because surgery was not an option!!)
- And we know factually that good quality performance horses are few and far between and are not readily available
- Or, do you research the many reputable insurance companies that offer policies to help protect the horse and owner?
We are not trying to promote the sale of insurance policies. We are trying to promote the education of our clients which in turn helps the horses – our patients and passion. We want you to make the best decision for you and your horse.
We have complied with information concerning this topic and hope you will check it out.
Article published by Jorene Mize Insurance Agency
Barton Hitchcock of Taylor Harris Insurance services suggest that when shopping for insurance, the owner needs to ask such questions as:
- Are there limitations on certain diagnosis or treatment?
- Is hospitalization covered fully?
- Are there co-pays for certain procedures?
- What documentation is needed to start the insurance?
Article published by regarding Horses
Article published by the Chronicle of the Horse
For more info, please feel free to call 205-338-1111 and ask for Dr. Murray, any of our veterinarians or any of our staff.
Coosa Valley Equine Center, PC
Monday - Thursday: 8AM - 4PM CST
Friday: 8AM – 2PM CST
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
Urgent/Emergency After Hours Available
1330 Mineral Springs Road
Pell City, AL 35125